Milk 'n' Honey Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, combine milk, honey and butter. Heat just until the butter is melted.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in milk mixture just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
Nutritional Analysis: One slice; (prepared with skim milk and reduced-fat margarine and w/o nuts) equals: 145 calories, 206 mg sodium, trace cholesterol, 29 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 2 gm fat
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes