Pumpkin Raisin Muffins
The flavors of a pumpkin pie, with the addition of raisins, all combined into
an easy to prepare muffin. They have about one-third less calories
than a traditional recipe thanks to Equal! 32% calorie reduction
from traditional recipe.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon light molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine pumpkin, oil, egg and egg whites, molasses and vanilla.
- Stir in combined flour, Equal, raisins, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt just until all ingredients are moistened.
- Fill paper lined 2 1/2 inch muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins
Nutrition information per serving: 149 cal., 3 g pro., 18 g carb., 8 g fat, 18 mg chol., 224 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1 starch, 1 1/2 fat
Recipe and photo credit:
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes