Apricot Walnut Swirl Coffeecake
This easy to make coffeecake has the richness of full fat and the taste of sugar, but uses Equal for sweetness and less butter than expected. Filling combines apricot, Equal, cinnamon and nuts.
52% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar-free apricot preserves or spreadable fruit
- 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-fat baking mix (Bisquick)
- 2 cups Equal Spoonful**
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 6 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup 2 % milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
* May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
** May substitute 48 packets Equal sweetener
- Walnut Filling: Combine 1/2 cup apricot preserves, 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful, cinnamon and nuts in small bowl; set aside.
- Coffeecake: Combine baking mix, 2 cups Equal Spoonful and cornstarch.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing until smooth.
- Spread 1/3 of batter in well-sprayed 9 or 12 cup Bundt pan.
- Spoon half the Walnut Filling over batter.
- Repeat layers, ending with batter.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until coffeecake is browned on top and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto rack.
- While still warm, spoon 1/3 cup apricot preserves over top of coffeecake, if desired.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 16 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 164 cal., 3 g pro., 19 g carb., 9 g fat, 39 mg chol., 237 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1 starch, 2 fat