Cinnamon Bun Breakfast Focaccia
Hot roll mix makes this breakfast bread easy to prepare. Low
fat granola cereal and colorful dried cranberries along with a cream
cheese glaze add appetite appeal.
- 1 (16 ounce) box Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix
- 1/4 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup very hot tap water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Equal Spoonful**
- 5 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup reduced fat granola cereal
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful***
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
* May substitute 6 packets Equal sweetener
** May substitute 6 packets Equal sweetener
*** May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine hot roll mix, yeast packet, 1/4 cup Equal and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Stir in hot water, egg and 3 tablespoons melted butter. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead in cranberries. Continue to knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 3 minutes.
- Shape into a ball. Cover with bowl and let rest 5 minutes.
- Spray a 15 x 10-inch baking pan. Press dough evenly into pan.
- Combine 1/4 cup Equal, remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Spread over surface of dough. Sprinkle with granola, pressing lightly into dough.
- Cover pan with waxed paper and let dough rise until puffy, about 25 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven for 18 to 22 minutes, until edges are golden.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, remaining 2 tablespoons Equal, vanilla and enough milk to make a spreading consistency.
- Drizzle cream cheese mixture over baked focaccia.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 16 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 198 cal., 5 g pro., 30 g carb., 7 g fat, 27 mg chol., 228 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes