Oatmeal is prepared with milk, and combined with dried cranberries,
apple, Equal for sweetness and cinnamon to create a hot breakfast
cereal that's hard to resist. 40% calorie reduction from traditional
- 2 cups fat-free or 2% milk
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned or quick oats, uncooked
- 3/4 cup chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful*
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
* May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine milk, cranberries, cinnamon and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add oats and apple. Simmer, uncovered, 5 to 6 minutes for old-fashioned oats OR 1 to 2 minutes for quick oats, stirring occasionally until most of liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Equal, nuts and vanilla extract.
Makes 2 servings
Nutrition information per serving (1 1/4 cups): 350 calories, 16 g pro., 64 g carb., 4 g fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 437 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1 milk, 2 starch, 1 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.