Truck Stop Biscuits and Gravy
- 1 (7.5-ounce) Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Jo's Sausage Seasoning or 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon ground sage and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat-free cream cheese
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, brown meat. Add spices.
- In a covered jar, combine skim milk and flour. Shake well. Pour milk mixture into skillet with browned meat.
- Add cream cheese.
- Continue cooking, stirring often, until mixture thickens and cream cheese melts.
- Spoon gravy over biscuits.
Serves 5 |
Serving size (2 biscuits and 3/4 cup gravy)
Per serving: 287 Cal, 8g Fat, 21g Pro, 32g Carb, 876 mg Sod, 2g Fib
Healthy Exchanges: 2 Protein, 1 3/4 Bread, 1/2 Skim Milk
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 Meat, 2 Starch, 1/2 Skim Milk
Source: Healthy Exchanges Cookbook by JoAnna M. Lund