Autumn means apples, and that is just what this cheesecake offers.
Applesauce and apple pie spices provide the Fall flavors, Equal
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful*
- 2 (8 ounce) packages reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful**
- 1 2/3 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
* May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
** May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- For crust, combine Graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and Equal.
Press onto bottom and 1-inch up side of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack while preparing cheesecake.
- For cheesecake, beat cream cheese and Equal in mixing bowl on medium
speed of mixer until smooth and well combined.
- Mix in applesauce, eggs, egg whites and lemon juice until blended.
- Blend in cornstarch, cinnamon, apple pie spice and vanilla until combined.
- Fold in sour cream, just until combined.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over baked crust.
- Bake in preheated oven 60 to 65 minutes or until center of cake is just set.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
- To serve, carefully run sharp knife around edge of cheesecake. Carefully
remove side of pan. Cut into wedges and serve.
Makes 16 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 171 cal., 5 g pro., 13 g
carb., 11 g fat, 56 mg chol., 154 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1 milk, 2 fat
Recipe and photo credit: Equal Sweetener.