Banana Cheesecake with
Caramel Sauce and Walnuts
- 1 cup reduced fat vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) packages reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12.25 ounce) jar caramel topping, warmed
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a nonstick 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix together the vanilla wafer crumbs and margarine and pat into the bottom and up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In another mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch until creamy.
- Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Add the mashed banana, sour cream, cinnamon, lemon juice and vanilla extract, mixing until combined.
- Transfer the filling to crust lined pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until center of cake is just about set.
- Remove from oven and transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool completely at room temperature.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
- To serve, top the cheesecake with walnuts and slice bananas, and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 3 other carbohydrate, 2 1/2 fat