- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup margarine (at room temperature)
- 10 (1 gram) packs Equal sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, lemon or other flavoring
- Combine water, dry milk and flour. Stir until smooth. Cook,
stirring constantly, over medium heat until thick and smooth
or in microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring every three seconds.
- Place container in cool water and stir until cool. Set aside.
- Cream margarine and sugar substitute together until light and fluffy.
- Add cooled sauce, 1 tablespoon at a time while beating
at medium speed of electric mixer.
- Add vanilla extract or other flavoring and beat on high until light and fluffy.
- Refrigerate until used.
- Use 1 tablespoon per portion.
- Return to room temperature before spreading on a cooled cake.
Yields 20 servings
Diabetic exchange: 1 fat