Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
New York-style cheesecake swirled with a rich chocolate mixture. Serve with fresh
raspberries. Thanks to Equal and reduced fat dairy products, this recipe has 46%
less calories than the original.
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 4 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful*
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful**
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted, slightly cooled
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk Chocolate curls, if desired
* May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
** May substitute 18 packets Equal sweetener
- Mix vanilla wafer crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful in bottom of
9-inch springform pan. Pat mixture evenly on bottom and 1/2 inch up side of pan.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree F oven 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack while preparing filling.
- Beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful in large bowl until fluffy; beat
in eggs and egg whites and cornstarch. Stir in sour cream and vanilla until well
blended. Remove 1/2 cup cheesecake batter. Pour remaining batter into crust in pan.
- Add melted chocolate and milk to 1/2 cup reserved cheesecake batter; mix well.
Place spoonsful of chocolate mixture on top of cheesecake. Using tip of knife or
spatula, gently swirl chocolate batter into cheesecake.
- Bake cheesecake for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove cheesecake to wire rack.
- Gently run metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake. Let cheesecake
cool completely; cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
- To serve, remove sides of springform pan.
- Garnish top of cheesecake with chocolate curls, if desired.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 164 cal., 7 g pro., 8 g carb., 11 g fat,
57 mg chol., 235 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1 milk, 2 fat
Reprinted with permission from Equal Sweetener.