Cranberry Banana Loaf Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt substitute
- 2 cups mashed very ripe banana
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup polyunsaturated oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup chopped cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix well the flour, brown sugar substitute, sugar
substitute, baking powder and salt substitute.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, water, polyunsaturated
oil, vanilla, egg whites and chopped cranberries.
- Add the mixture, a little at a time, to the large bowl of dry ingredients.
Mix very well.
- Pour the batter into a 9 x 5-inch nonstick loaf pan. Sprinkle the
chopped walnuts over the top.
- Bake for 65 minutes.
- Remove from the
oven and place on a wire rack to cool.