Date Nut Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon diabetic sweetener
- 1 1/2 cups diabetic applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dates, sliced fine
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Cream butter. Beat together egg, sweetener and vanilla extract.
Add to creamed butter.
- Sift together flour, soda, cinnamon and cloves; add to other mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix. After mixing, beat on medium
to high speed with electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Turn into prepared
loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.