Diabetic Chocolate Cheesecake
- 3/4 cup Graham crackers crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups nonfat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup yogurt cheese **
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place plain, nonfat yogurt into cheese cloth or a coffee filter. Place in strainer
over a small bowl or cup. Allow to drain 2 to 24 hours, covered and refrigerated,
until cheese reaches desired consistency.
- Discard the whey (liquid). Store in covered container in refrigerator.
- Part 1: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8-inch springform pan with cooking
spray. Fill a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan halfway with hot water. Place in oven on shelf
below where chocolate cheesecake will be placed. This will prevent the top of cheesecake
- Crust: In small bowl, combine all crust ingredients. Press onto bottom and part-way
up sides of pan. Set aside.
- Part 2: In food processor or blender, combine egg whites, sugar, ricotta,
cocoa, yogurt cheese and vanilla; process, scraping sides occasionally, for 1 minute
until smooth and thick. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until filling is
just set (center will jiggle slightly). Turn off oven and leave cake in closed oven
5 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and cool about an hour on wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
Yield: 8 servings
Calories: 176; Protein: 11 g; Sodium: 140 mg; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Fat: 4 g;
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Exchanges: 1 starch; 1/2 skim milk
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes