Lemon Pound Cake
45% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
Makes 16 servings
- 2 1/2 cups reduced fat baking mix (Bisquick)
- 2 cups Equal Spoonful*
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup light lemon flavored yogurt
- 6 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
* May substitute 48 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine baking mix, Equal, cornstarch and lemon peel. Mix in yogurt, melted butter, eggs, lemon juice, milk and flavorings until blended.
- Spoon mixture into well sprayed 9 or 12 cup Bundt pan or 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake: Prepare cake as directed above, adding 3 tablespoons poppy seed to dry ingredient mixture. Complete recipe as directed.
Nutrition information per serving: 132 calories; 3g protein; 16g carbohydrate; 2g sugar; 6g fat; 39mg cholesterol; 236mg sodium; 0g fiber
Food exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat
Reprinted with permission from