Mango Key Lime Pound Cake
40% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
Key Lime Cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) package frozen reduced fat or fat free pound cake, thawed
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, thinly sliced
* May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
- Key Lime Cream: Beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in whipped
topping, Equal, lime juice and peel and vanilla extract until well blended; set aside.
- Pound Cake: Cut pound cake horizontally into 3 slices. Place bottom layer of cake on serving
plate. Spread with 1/4 cup of the cream mixture. Top with 1/3 of the sliced mango,
and another 1/4 cup of the cream mixture.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Makes 8 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 218 cal., 5 g pro., 33 g carb., 7 g fat,
16 mg chol., 214 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 fat
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes