Mocha Swirl Cheesecake
Eye catching dessert of cheesecake with a coffee-chocolate mixture swirled
throughout. This cheesecake has 47% fewer calories than the original thanks to Equal and
reduced fat dairy products.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or almonds
- 3 tablespoons
stick butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons Equal Spoonful*
(8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful**
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons Equal
- 1 1/4 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened
* May substitute 4 1/2 packets Equal sweetener
** May substitute 18 packets Equal sweetener
*** May substitute 4 1/2 packets Equal sweetener
- Mix chocolate crumbs, pecans, butter and 3 tablespoons Equal Spoonful in bottom
of 9-inch springform pan. Pat mixture evenly onto bottom of pan; set aside while
- Beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful in large bowl until fluffy; beat
in eggs, egg whites, cornstarch and salt. Beat in sour cream and vanilla until well
- Remove 1/2 cup cheesecake batter. Stir in 3 tablespoons Equal Spoonful, instant
coffee crystals and cocoa until well combined. Pour half of plain batter into crust
in pan. Top with 5 spoonsful of coffee batter. Using tip of knife or spatula, gently
swirl coffee batter into cheesecake. Repeat with remaining batters.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree F oven 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove cheesecake to wire rack.
- Gently run metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen
cake. Let cheesecake cool completely; cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight
- To serve, remove sides of springform pan.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 171 cal., 7 g pro., 9 g carb., 12 g fat,
56 mg chol., 283 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1 milk, 2 fat
Recipe and photo credit:
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes