New York-Style Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon Equal® Measure or 3 packets Equal®
- 2 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 5 1/2 teaspoons Equal® Measure or 18 packets Equal®
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced (optional)
- Strawberry Sauce
- Mix vanilla wafer crumbs, margarine, and 1 teaspoon Equal® Measure
in bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Reserve 1 tablespoon of crumb
mixture. Pat remaining mixture evenly on bottom and 1/2-inch up
side of pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven until crust is
lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and 5 1/2 teaspoons Equal® Measure in a large
bowl until fluffy; beat in eggs, egg whites, and cornstarch. Mix
in sour cream and vanilla extract until well blended. Pour mixture
into crust in pan.
- Place cheesecake in roasting pan on oven rack; add 1-inch hot water
to the roasting pan.
- Bake in preheated 300 degree F oven just until
set in the center, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from roasting pan, sprinkle with reserved crumbs
and return to oven. Turn oven off and let cheesecake cool in oven
with door ajar for 3 hours.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove side of pan; place cheesecake on serving plate.
- Serve with
strawberries and Strawberry Sauce.
Makes 16 slices/servings | Serving size: One slice
Exchanges: 1 Milk, 2 1/2 fat
Nutrition: 187 Calories, 7 g Protein, 13 g Carbo, 12 g Fat