New York Cheesecake
All the richness and decadence of the original, but this version has 46% fewer
calories thanks to Equal and reduced fat dairy products. Serve with strawberry or
raspberry sauce, if desired.
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful*
- 3 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful**
- 2 eggs
- 2 eggs whites
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced (optional)
Strawberry Sauce (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Equal Spoonful
* May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
** May substitute 18 packets Equal sweetener
- Crust: Mix vanilla wafer crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful in bottom of
9-inch springform pan. Reserve 1 tablespoon of crumb mixture. Pat remaining mixture
evenly on bottom and 1/2 inch up side of pan.
- Bake in preheated 325 degrees F oven until crust is lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cheesecake: Beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful in a large bowl until fluffy; beat
in eggs, egg whites and cornstarch. Mix in sour cream and vanilla extract until well blended.
Pour mixture into crust in pan.
- Bake in preheated 325 degrees F oven just until set in the center, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven, sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove side of pan; place cheesecake on serving plate.
- Strawberry Sauce: Process packaged strawberries in food processor or
blender until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and 1/4 cup Equal.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, remove side of pan. Cut cake into wedges. Serve with strawberries and
Strawberry Sauce, if desired.
- Serve with strawberries and Strawberry Sauce.
Makes 16 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 160 cal., 7 g pro., 10 g carb., 10 g fat,
58 mg chol., 208 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1 milk, 2 fat
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes