Pumpkin Cheesecake in Gingersnap Crust
Add this to your holiday repertoire. Crushed gingersnap cookies form the crust
of a reduced fat cheesecake made with canned pumpkin and spices. Garnished with
fresh cranberries, it's hard to resist.
- 1 1/4 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Equal Spoonful*
- 3 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packagesreduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups Equal Spoonful**
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful***
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* May substitute 4-1/2 packets Equal sweetener
** May substitute 30 packets Equal sweetener
*** May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine gingersnap crumbs, 3 tablespoons Equal Spoonful and butter. Press onto
bottom of 9-inch spring form pan. Bake in preheated 325 degree F oven 8 minutes.
Cool on wire rack while preparing cheesecake.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 1/4 cups Equal Spoonful, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until
well blended. Mix in pumpkin until combined. Beat in eggs and egg whites until well
blended. Mix in cornstarch and vanilla until blended. Spoon cheesecake mixture over
crust. Bake at 325 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is almost set.
Remove from oven and cool on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream, 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful and 1/2 teaspoon
vanilla. Gently spread over top of cheesecake. Return to oven and bake 3 to 4 minutes
until sour cream mixture is set.
- Remove cheesecake to wire rack and cool completely.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Yield: 16 servings
Nutrition information per serving (1/16 cheesecake): 196 calories; 7g protein;
13g carbohydrate; 7g sugar; 13g fat; 8g saturated fat; 64mg cholesterol; 271mg sodium;
Food exchanges: 1 milk, 2 1/2 fat
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Equal sweetener
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes