A great holiday dessert with 46% fewer calories than a traditional cake roll.
Sweetened with Equal and filled with a reduced-fat cream cheese filling you don't
have to feel guilty enjoying it!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups light whipped topping, thawed, if frozen
- 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful** (or to taste)
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
** May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
- Cake: Beat eggs and 1 cup Equal Spoonful for 5 minutes in mixing bowl on
medium speed of mixer.
- Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice. Blend in flour, cinnamon and nutmeg until well
- Line a jelly roll pan with waxed paper. Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake in
preheated 350 degree F oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
Cool 3 minutes in pan; turn out onto cloth and roll up from the narrow end.
- Chill in refrigerator until completely cool.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese, whipped topping and 2 tablespoons Equal in mixing
bowl on medium speed or mixer until smooth and spreadable.
- Unroll pumpkin roll and spread with filling. Re-roll. Cover and refrigerate until
ready to serve.
- Slice cake into pinwheels.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 159 cal., 6 g pro., 19 g carb., 6 g fat,
87 mg chol., 341 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 fat
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Equal Sweetener
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes