Raspberry Angel Food Cake
- 10 egg whites
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until frothy; beat in cream of
tartar until soft peaks form. Add the extracts. Gradually beat in
sugar until stiff, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Sift flour over beaten egg whites; sprinkle with berries. Gently
fold flour and raspberries into batter until well mixed.
- Pour into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears
- Immediately invert cake pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 65 calories, 35 mg
sodium, 0 cholesterol, 13 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, trace fat
Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch