Rich Chocolate Cheesecake
38% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Equal Spoonful*
- 3 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups Equal Spoonful**
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces (4 squares) semi-sweet chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
* May substitute 4 packets Equal sweetener
** May substitute 30 packets Equal sweetener
- Mix chocolate crumbs, 3 tablespoons Equal and melted butter in bottom
of 9-inch springform pan. Pat mixture evenly onto bottom of pan.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree F oven 8 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and 1 1/4 cups Equal in large bowl until fluffy;
beat in eggs, egg whites, cornstarch and salt. Beat in sour cream
and vanilla extract until well blended. Gently fold in melted chocolate.
Pour batter over crust.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree F oven 40-45
minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove cheesecake to wire
rack. Gently run metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake.
- Let cheesecake cool completely; cover and refrigerate several hours
or overnight before serving.
- To serve, remove sides of springform pan.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 217 cal., 7 g pro., 13 g carb., 16 g fat, 62 mg chol., 246 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1 milk, 3 fat
Recipe used with permission from