- 3 ounces nonfat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Grease an 8-inch square pan. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat ricotta cheese over medium heat. Add milk powder and stir to mix thoroughly. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes until most of the liquid isevaporated. Stir frequently to avoid sticking or burning on the bottom.
- Add sugar and stir. The ricotta cheese mixture will become liquid again. Cook for another 5,minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the coconut and mix thoroughly. Continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes. The mixture should be quite thick.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and press the mixture with a spatula.
- Cut into 1-inch diamond shapes. The mixture sets as it cools.
- Cool completely before removing from the pan.
Yields 16 servings.
Calories 137, Fat 3.9 g, Chol 7 mg, Carbs 20 g, Sodium 52 mg, Fiber 0.6 g
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes