Apple Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
26% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- 1 1/4 cups Equal Spoonful*
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce**
- 1/2 cup firmly
packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 cup raisins
* May substitute 30 packets Equal sweetener
**Apple butter may be substituted for unsweetened applesauce
- Combine Equal, applesauce, brown sugar, butter, egg, milk and vanilla
extract. Mix with
electric mixer until well blended.
- Stir in combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon,
nutmeg and salt.
- Gradually mix in oats and raisins until well combined.
- Drop by tablespoonsful onto lightly sprayed baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated
350 degrees F oven 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool completely
on wire rack.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
Nutrition information per serving (1 cookie): 63 calories; 1 gram protein;
11 grams carbohydrate; 3 grams sugar; 2 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 8 milligrams
cholesterol; 43 milligrams sodium; 1 gram fiber
Food exchanges: 1 starch