- 1/2 cup light margarine
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Sweet 'N Low
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan melt margarine and chocolate over low heat. Remove from
heat and beat in sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla extract until well combined. Stir
in flour, Sweet 'N Low, baking soda and salt. Fold in nuts
- Spread batter into an 8-inch square baking pan sprayed with nonstick vegetable
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes
- Cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
Makes 16 servings.
Per serving: 133 calories, 3 g protein, 17 g carbohydrate, 7 g fat (2 g
saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium
Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch/bread, 1 1/2 fat
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes