Chewy Pineapple Pecan Squares
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
cup Imperial, 30% less fat margarine
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon
pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/2 cup
nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir flours, sugar and margarine together until mixture is finely crumbled. Stir
- Press 2 cups of flour mixture onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan which has
been sprayed with vegetable coating.
- Stir cinnamon, baking soda and salt into remaining flour mixture. Beat in egg,
vanilla, light sour cream and vanilla yogurt until blended. Stir in pineapple.
- Pour batter evenly over pressed flour mixture in pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or
until batter pulls away from sides of pan.
- Cool slightly before cutting.
Yields 24 squares.
Nutritional Information per serving: 164 cal; 4g fat; 31g carb; 2g pro; 6mg
chol; 133mg sodium.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Bread/Starch; 1 Fat
Source: Cinnamon Hearts - The Art of Living A Winning Diabetic Lifestyle
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes