Chocolate Chip Cookies
28% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- 1/3 cup stick butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
* May substitute 8 packets Equal sweetener
- Beat butter with electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla
extract until blended.
Mix in Equal and brown sugar until combined.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Mix into butter mixture until well blended.
Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden color.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
Nutrition information per serving (1 cookie): 67 cal., 1 g pro., 8 g carb.,
4 g fat, 16 mg chol., 80 mg sodium
Food exchange: 1/2 starch, 1 fat
Recipe and photograph courtesy