Cream Cheese and Jelly Cookies
22% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- 3/4 cup stick butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat
cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup spreadable fruit
* May substitute 8 packets Equal sweetener
- Beat butter, cream cheese and Equal in medium bowl until fluffy; mix in flour
and salt to form a soft dough.
- Cover and refrigerate until dough is firm, about
- Roll dough on lightly floured circle 1/8 inch thick; cut into rounds with 3-inch
cutter. Place rounded 1/4 teaspoon spreadable fruit in center of each round; fold
rounds into halves and crimp edges firmly with tines of fork. Pierce tops of cookies
with tip of sharp knife.
- Bake cookies on greased cookie sheets in preheated 350
degree F oven until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
Makes 3 dozen
Nutrition information per serving (1 cookie): 74 cal., 1 g pro., 6g carb.,
5 g fat, 14 mg chol., 35 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes