24% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup pitted chopped prunes
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1 teaspoon baking
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine water, dates, prunes and raisins in medium saucepan. Bring to boil over
medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until fruit is tender and water
is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted.
Cool mixture to room temperature.
- Beat eggs and vanilla extract into fruit mixture.
- Mix in combined flour, Equal, baking
soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Spread batter evenly in sprayed 8-inch square baking
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted
near center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
Makes 24 servings
Nutrition information per serving (1 bar): 101 calories; 2 grams protein;
15 grams carbohydrate; 9 grams sugar; 4 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 25 milligrams
cholesterol; 84 milligrams sodium; 1 gram fiber
Food exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes