Moist, Sugarless Apple Cookies
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon liquid sweetener
- In a large saucepan, combine dates, apples, raisins and water. Bring to a boil;
reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt, if desired. Stir into apple mixture
and mix well.
- Combine eggs and sweetener; add to batter.
- Drop by tablespoonsful onto a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for
10 to 12 minutes.
Yields 2 dozen
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared w/o added salt) equals: 54 calories,
24 mg sodium, 18 mg cholesterol, 18 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 1 gm fat
Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes