Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/3 cup semisweet
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat margarine at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy;
gradually add brown sugar and beat well. Add egg and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to margarine
mixture, mixing well. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Coat cookie sheets with cooking spray. Using 2 teaspoons, drop dough onto cookie
sheets, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Portion the dough so that you
make about 3 dozen cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Store in airtight
Yields 3 dozen cookies.
Serving size: 2 cookies. Exch:1 starch, 1/2 fat, 1 carbs
Nutr. Info per serv: Cal: 101, Carb: 14g, Prot: 1g, Fat: 4g, Sat. Fat: 1g,
Sod 120mg, Fiber: 1g
Source: Diabetes Management Magazine