Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
40% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- 1/2 cup stick butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful*
cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick oats,
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet
* May use 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Beat butter, Equal and brown sugar until well combined. Stir in milk, peanut
butter, egg and vanilla extract until blended. Gradually mix in combined flour, oats, baking
soda and salt until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture evenly in well-sprayed
13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven 23 to 25 minutes.
completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into squares; store in airtight container at
Makes 48 bars
Nutrition information per serving (1 bar): 68 calories; 1g protein; 7g carbohydrate;
3g sugar; 4g fat; 2g saturated fat; 10mg cholesterol; 42mg sodium; 1g fiber
Food exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Recipe and photo credit:
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes