Peanut Butter Granola Bites
34% calorie reduction from traditional
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup quick oats, uncooked
- 2/3 cup seedless raisins
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup egg substitute or 4 egg whites
- 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine cornflakes, oats and raisins in large bowl.
- Combine peanut butter and egg substitute in medium bowl. Stir in Equal, honey,
vanilla, and cinnamon until well blended. Spoon over cereal mixture. Toss gently
to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place on lightly sprayed baking sheet.
for 8 to 10 minutes our until lightly golden and dough is set.
- Remove from baking sheet
and cool completely on wire rack.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen
Nutrition information per serving (1 cookie): 56 cal., 2 g pro., 8 g carb.,
2 g fat, 0 mg chol., 42 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Recipe and photo credit: