Pumpkin Polka Dot Cookies
26% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- 1/2 cup stick butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups Equal Spoonful*
- 3 tablespoons light molasses
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4
teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet
* May substitute 30 packets Equal sweetener
- Beat butter, Equal and molasses until well combined. Mix in pumpkin, egg and
vanilla extract until blended. Gradually stir in combined flour, baking powder, spices,
baking soda and salt until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree
F oven 11 to 13 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely on wire rack.
- Store at room
temperature in airtight container up to 1 week.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
Nutrition information per serving (1 cookie): 57 cal., 1 g pro., 7 g carb.,
3 g fat, 9 mg chol., 51 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Recipe and photo credit:
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes