Raspberry Almond Bar Cookies
31% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold stick butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless raspberry
- 3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
* May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine flour, Equal, and salt in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender
until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg, water and lemon peel. Mixture
will be crumbly.
- Press mixture evenly onto bottom of well-spray 8-inch square baking pan.
in preheated 350 degree F oven 12 to 15 minutes until edges of crust are lightly
- Remove pan from oven and spread raspberry fruit over top. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 10 to 12 minutes or until raspberry fruit
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Makes 24 bars
Nutrition information per serving (1 bar): 86 calories; 2 grams protein;
12 grams carbohydrate; 0 grams sugar; 4 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 19 milligrams
cholesterol; 16 milligrams sodium; 0 grams fiber
Food exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat
Recipe and photo credit:
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes