Tangy Lemon Squares
36% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold stick butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful**
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
* May substitute 8 packets Equal sweetener
** May substitute 18 packets Equal sweetener
- Crust: Combine flour, 1/3 cup Equal Spoonful and salt in medium bowl. Cut
in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle with
1 teaspoon lemon peel and vanilla extract; mix with hands to form dough.
- Press dough evenly on bottom and 1/4-inch up sides of 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Filling: Beat eggs and 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful; mix in lemon juice, butter
and 1 tablespoon lemon peel. Pour mixture into baked pastry.
- Bake until lemon filling is set, about 15 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
Makes 16 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 95 cal., 2 g pro., 5 g carb., 8 g fat,
45 mg chol., 30 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 fat
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes