47% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- 6 tablespoons stick butter or margarine
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar-free preserves or spreadable fruit of choice
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Beat butter and Equal until well combined. Mix in egg, milk and vanilla
extract until blended. Gradually beat in combined flour, baking powder and soda and salt.
- Shape dough by teaspoonsful into balls. Place on sprayed cookie sheets. Press thumb deeply into dough to form a "thumbprint" indentation.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 11 to 13 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
- Fill each cookie with about 1/2 teaspoon spreadable fruit just before serving.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
Nutrition information per serving (1 cookie): 58 cal., 1 g pro., 8 g carb., 3 g fat, 16 mg chol., 47 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat