Baked Cinnamon Applesauce
A unique applesauce that bakes in your oven. Citrus flavors enhance the 2 different
apple varieties used. Delicious enough to serve as a healthy dessert.
18% calorie reduction from traditional recipe.
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 3 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, quartered
- 3 pounds Royal Gala or Braeburn apples, peeled, cored, quartered
- 3 tablespoons
stick butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Equal Spoonful*
* May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Grate peel of orange and lemon. Place in 3-quart glass or non-corrosive casserole
with cover. Squeeze juice from orange and lemon; add to zest in casserole. Add apples,
butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss to combine. Cover with casserole lid.
- Bake in
preheated 350 degree F oven 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and let stand covered
- Carefully remove lid. Stir to break up apples. Stir in Equal.
- Serve warm or refrigerate, covered, several hours before serving.
Makes 12 (1/2 cup) servings
Nutrition information per serving: 129 cal., 0 g pro., 27 g carb., 3 g fat,
8 mg chol., 1 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes