26% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries, slightly thawed
- 1/2 cup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons cold water
for single crust 9-inch pie
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
* May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
- Place blueberries in medium saucepan. Sprinkle berries with Equal, cornstarch
and water; toss to coat. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until berries
begin to release juice and form small amount of thickened sauce. Remove from heat
- Roll pastry on floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into eight 5-inch squares.
Re-roll scrapes as needed. Place scant 2 tablespoons blueberry mixture in center
of each pastry square. Fold square in half to form triangle. Press edges together
to seal; crimp edges with tines of a fork. Brush pastry surface lightly with milk.
- Bake on baking sheet in preheated 400 degree F oven 18 to 20 minutes or until
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 138 cal., 1 g pro., 17 g carb., 7 g fat,
5 mg chol., 103 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1 starch, 1 1/2 fat
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes