- 1 slice bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Diabetic sugar to your taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a small oven-safe dish.
- Cut and dice bread into small cubes and toast in oven until brown and crisp.
- Beat egg and add to milk. Pour the mixture over the bread in the dish. Sprinkle
the nutmeg and cinnamon over the top.
- Place the dish in a pan of warm water. Bake
until custard is set. Insert a knife into custard. If it comes out clean, remove
- Serve warm with a lemon or orange sauce.
Yields 1 serving
You may double or triple the amounts for a larger portion.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.