Chocolate Mint Pudding
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon creme de menthe
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 peppermint candy pieces, coarsely crushed
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Gradually add milk, stirring
with a wire whisk until smooth. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly,
25 to 30 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in liqueur
and vanilla extract.
- Spoon mixture into individual dessert dishes. Cover and chill thoroughly.
before serving, sprinkle evenly with crushed peppermint candy.
Yield: 7 servings
Per serving: 143 Calories (kcal); 1g Total Fat; (9% calories from fat); 4g
Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 4mg Cholesterol; 55mg Sodium Food
Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat;
1 Other Carbohydrates