Creamy Rice Pudding
This creamy rice pudding is made on top of the stove. By using fat-free milk
and Equal the calories are less than half that of the traditional recipe. So enjoy
and don't feel guilty!
49% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 1 cup converted rice
- 4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 3 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Ground cinnamon,
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Heat water and cinnamon stick in large saucepan to boiling; stir in rice. Reduce
heat and simmer, covered, until rice is tender and water is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
Discard cinnamon stick.
- Stir in milk and salt; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until
mixture starts to thicken, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently. (Milk will not
be completely absorbed and pudding will thicken more as it cools.)
- Remove from heat
and cool for 1 to 2 minutes; stir in Equal.
- Beat egg yolks, egg whites and vanilla in small bowl until well blended. Stir
about 1/2 cup hot rice mixture into egg mixture; stir back into saucepan. Cook over
low heat, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in raisins.
- Spoon pudding into serving bowl; sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Serve warm
or at room temperature.
Makes 6 (2/3 cup) servings
Nutrition information per serving: 244 calories; 11g protein; 43g carbohydrate;
14g sugars; 3g fat; 1g saturated fat; 109mg cholesterol; 200mg sodium; 1g fiber
Food exchanges: 1 milk, 2 starch, 1/2 fat
Recipe and photo credit:
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes