Low-Fat Fudge Pops
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- Artificial sweetener equivalent
to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 (3 ounce) disposable plastic
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the first 3 ingredients; stir until smooth. Bring
to a boil over medium-low heat; cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in skim
milk, whisking until cocoa and sugar are dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in
the sweetener and vanilla extract.
- Pour into cups. Cover each cup with heavy-duty foil; insert sticks through the
foil (foil will hold sticks upright). Place in a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Freeze until firm,
about 5 hours.
- Remove the foil and cups before serving.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 155 calories, 62 mg sodium, 3 mg
cholesterol, 34 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm protein, 1 gm fat
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch