Canned sliced peaches flavored with lemon juice and a hint of cinnamon in a slightly
thickened sauce. It's topped with prepared pie pastry. Serve it warm with a
dollop of fat-free whipped topping.
33% calorie reduction from traditional recipe.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans canned sliced peaches in light syrup, drained*
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful**
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pastry for single crust 9-inch pie
- 1 tablespoon Equal Spoonful***
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* Two packages (16 ounces each) frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and
drained may be substituted for the canned peaches. Increase Equal Spoonful to 1
cup (24 packets EQUAL sweetener). Proceed as recipe directs.
** May substitute 18 packets Equal sweetener
*** May substitute 1 1/2 packets Equal sweetener
- Place peaches in medium saucepan. Toss with cornstarch, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon
cinnamon and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
Remove from heat; stir in 3/4 cup Equal and vanilla until dissolved. Spoon hot peach
mixture into 8-inch square baking pan.
- Meanwhile, roll pie pastry on lightly floured surface to form a 9-inch square.
Place over hot peach mixture. Trim and flute edges. Cut a few slits in top to allow
steam to escape. Sprinkle with combined 1 tablespoon Equal and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is crisp
and lightly golden in color.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 6 servings
Variation: For individual peach cobblers, make peach mixture as recipe directs.
Spoon 1/2 cup hot mixture into each of six 6-ounce custard cups. Roll pastry to
1/8-inch thickness. Cut into six 2 3/4-inch diameter circles. Place on each custard
cup. Cut slit in top. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon Equal/cinnamon mixture. Reduce
baking time to 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition information per serving: 221 cal., 2 g pro., 33 g carb., 9 g fat,
7 mg chol., 231 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1/2 starch, 2 fat
Recipe and photo credit: Equal Sweetener
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes