- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 pound catfish fillets, cubed
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in butter until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, cayenne and salt, if desired; bring to a boil. Add catfish.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- If desired, serve with rice and top with green onions.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (calculated w/o rice and green onions; prepared with nonstick cooking spray instead of butter or margarine and w/o salt) equals 161 calories, 395 mg sodium, 66 mg cholesterol, 12 gm carbohydrate, 21 gm protein, 4 gm fat
Diabetic Exchange: 3 very lean meat, 2 vegetable
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes