Grilled Fish with
Pineapple Cilantro Sauce
A slightly spicy/sweet fish entree using canned pineapple and
fresh cilantro for flavor. A choice of fish is given for cooking
on the grill while the sauce is being prepared on the stove top.
26% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
- 1 (20 ounce) can sliced pineapple in juice, drained, reserving juice
- 3/4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 salmon, haddock or halibut steaks or filets
* May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
- Cut pineapple slices into 1/2-inch pieces. Combine pineapple pieces, reserved pineapple juice, lime juice and garlic in medium saucepan. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine cold water and cornstarch. Stir into boiling mixture. Boil, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in cilantro and jalapeno pepper.
- Stir in Equal; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm sauce over fish.
Makes 6 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 264 cal. 29 g pro., 15 g carb., 9 g fat, 81 mg chol., 73 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit