- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the broth, garlic, lemon-pepper seasoning and 3 tablespoons each green onions and parsley. Bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Top with shrimp mixture and remaining onions and parsley.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 250 calories, 398 mg sodium, 136 mg cholesterol, 33 gm carbohydrate, 23 gm protein, 2 gm fat
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 very lean meat, 1/2 vegetable