Beef and Noodles in Lemon Sauce
- 1 cup fine egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup onions,
- 1 1/2 pounds leanest ground beef
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons
- Put the noodles into a heat-resistant mixing bowl and cover them with boiling
water. Set aside for 20 minutes, then drain.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter, add the onions, and sauté five minutes or so.
- Add the beef, mushrooms, and noodles. Increase the heat to high and cook for
another five minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the water and cook another ten minutes over low heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg yolks, lemon juice, and sherry.
- Scoop a few spoonsful of the meat mixture into the bowl of egg mixture.
- Turn the contents of the bowl into the skillet. Heat gently while stirring.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 264 Protein: 14.5 g Sodium: 185 mg Fat: 11.7 g Carbohydrates: 9.8
Exchanges: 3/4 Bread/Starch, 2-1/2 Medium-Fat Meat
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter