This, with its vibrant colors, is a cheerful, easy meal! If you like, make your
own tomato sauce or add your own spices to a prepared sauce. If you need to watch
the sodium in your meal plan, choose a low-sodium brand of prepared sauce, but add
1 tablespoon of oregano or Italian seasonings to spice it up. You can also replace
the chicken in this dish with veal or turkey breast.
- 1 (26 ounce) jar seasoned tomato sauce
- 20 ounces boneless, skinless chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, part skim
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9 x 13-inch baking pan or large casserole dish, spread half of the tomato
sauce. Place the chicken on the sauce, then pour the remaining sauce over the chicken.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on the chicken, then sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake until bubbly and cheese is lightly browned, 30 minutes.
Number of servings: 8; Serving size: 1/8th of recipe
Exchanges Per Serving: 3 Very Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat
Nutrition Information: Amount per serving Calories 153 Calories From Fat
41 Total Fat 5 g Saturated Fat 2 g Cholesterol 51 mg Sodium 762 mg Total Carbohydrate
7 g Dietary Fiber 1 g Sugars 5 g Protein 22 g
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.