- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut
into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 bell peppers (red, green
and yellow), cut into thin strips
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeno
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil oven medium-high heat; add chicken and
stir-fry until done and lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 15 seconds, stirring constantly. Add bell pepper strips,
sliced onion, cumin, oregano, and chiles. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp
- Add lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper; toss to combine well and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
You can also replace the chicken in this dish with veal or turkey breast.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 174, fat 6 g, cholesterol 60
mg, carbohydrate 6 g, sodium 168 mg
Food Exchanges: 3 Low-Fat Meat, 1 Vegetable
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes